Praise be Jesus Christ!
“God, who loves life and gives it generously, is on the side of life.” (Saint John Paul II, Dignitas Personae)
Happy New Year! A few personal resolutions for your consideration:
- Pray more often
- Ask a good Catholic Man to join us every week
- Plan a new “Faith in Action” program for your council
- Expand a council charitable activity to grow our impact
- Complete a Fraternal Training module or participate in a Supreme Webinar
- Attend a Catholic Men’s Conference or a retreat
- Go to your District meeting to start the year off right.
Asking a good Catholic man to join us is Evangelization. Membership will give him opportunities to show charity, work with men of the same faith, and become a better man, husband, and father. In addition to asking good men to join us, remember to invite them and their families to your council events. Get our newest members and their families involved in our programs, integrate them into sacramental life of the parish, and demonstrate the value of Council membership.
Growth is not just about numbers, it's about the K of C making a bigger impact. The impacts we make are changing lives and saving lives. Making us the strong right arm of the Church - especially in her time of need. We need more men and families standing in solidarity with our priests and Bishops.
2020 is the year for Indiana Knights to be even more united, even stronger Catholics, and make a larger impact than ever before! Working together we can do this! For Nothing is impossible with God!
Many changes happened during 2019. Get informed, be open minded, and do not be afraid. Pope Francis recently said. "Rigidity that is born from fear of change and ends up disseminating stakes and obstacles in the ground of the common good, turning it into a minefield of misunderstanding and hatred." When questions and rumors arise, please reach out to your District Deputy to get the facts.
Your DD will have a District Meeting in January or February. It’s important for your council officers to attend. Grand Knights should call their DD to get the date, time, and place. These are a few of the changes that will be reviewed:
- Did you know the Indiana Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria award requirement have changed? See page 30 of the 2019 Indiana State Program Guide for details.
- Did you know your council has a State Intake Goal? This is not the same as the Supreme Net Membership Quota.
- Have you heard about Delta Church Drives? These are proving to be very effective.
- Did you know Indiana is part a Supreme Fraternal Benefit Night pilot program?
The Indiana Knights of Columbus State Council, working together with General Agent Phil Stackowicz, will be sponsors at the following Catholic Men's Conferences and will staff K of C information booths:
- 2/15/20 Catholic Men’s Conference of Western KY – Owensboro, KY
- 2/22/20 Rekindle the Fire – Fort Wayne
- 2/22/20 E6 Conference – St. Leon. Use promo code KC35 for $35 registration.
- 3/28/20 NWI Catholic Men’s Conference – Chesterton, IN
Council Officer Regional Meetings are scheduled for Saturday 3/7/20 and Saturday 3/14/20. The purpose of these meetings is for your officers to get answers about new Indiana and Supreme programs and membership incentives. Councils leaders from several districts will be present and this is great opportunity to learn from each other. The schedule is on our website. Please RSVP to the host and attend the meeting closest to you.
Indiana State Convention is 17-18-19 April 2020. Our theme is “Knights of Unity.” Save the dates and make plans for your family to attend.
Men have more reasons than ever to join the Knights of Columbus. Use every opportunity to invite a good Catholic man to join us today (Kofc.org/joinus)!
Thank you for all you do to grow our order in charity, unity, fraternity, membership and insurance!
Indiana State Deputy