- Date of your council’s institution. This date is on your Council’s Charter.
- Names and addresses of the Grand Knight and Financial Secretary for the 2017-2018 Fraternal Year.
- Review the other Council and Assembly information listed in the 2016-2017 Indiana State Council Directory and send corrections if needed.
STATE CONVENTION: Result of 2017 Convention elections have been emailed to all councils and are posted HERE on our website.
The 2017 Convention meeting minutes and financial reports for the full 2016-2017 Fraternal Year will be published in the 2017 Convention Proceedings Booklet. That Booklet will be distributed to your District Deputies at the July State Council Organizational Meeting. The DD will give the Booklets to each GK at their District meeting. (The Booklets will be mailed to our Past State Deputies.)
Plan to attend the 2018 Indiana State Convention; April 20th, 21st and 22nd at Indianapolis Marriott East. All Knights and families (adults and children) are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Convention Packets will be mailed (USPS) to all council GK, DD, State Officers, State Directors, and State Chairmen in January 2018.
- Convention Packet information will also be posted to this website in January 2018.
Agreements have been signed with the following hotels to provide additional rooms for the 2018 Convention:
- Marriott East, 7202 East 21st St.,
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, 7110 E. 21st St., and
- Delta (formerly Florence Garden Hotel), 7304 E. 21st St.
FRATERNAL ACTIVITY: Supreme Knight Carl Anderson announced a new record in donations and volunteer hours to State Deputies on 6/9/17. (http://www.kofc.org/en/news/releases/new-heights-giving.html).
“According to the figures from the 2016 Fraternal Survey the Knights gave $177,500,673 in charitable donations. In addition, the Knights volunteered 75,112,694 hours to charitable initiatives in 2016.”our Supreme Knight has challenged every Council to do even more in Calendar Year 2017. Please consider this as you make your FY2017-2018 plans.
Links to the Indiana State Council 2016 Calendar Year Reports:
Council Survey of Fraternal Activity (Form 1728) The time and effort you take to improve your community and parishes are what make the Knights of Columbus what we are. Don't let your hard work go unheard.
The July 2017Assessment is due by 4/1/2018 and must be paid in full to have voting delegates seated at the 2018 Indiana State Convention (Indiana State Council K of C By Laws Section 7). The Assessment can be paid in four installments: 7/1/2017, 10/1/2017, 1/1/2018, and 4/1/2018. Failure to pay State assessment may result in Council suspension (Supreme Constitution Section 157 paragraph 8). All active councils fully paid their July 2016 Assessment.
How are State Per Capita and Major Degree Fund Assessments calculated?
- The Per Capita Assessment is based on your total membership as of 1 July less Disabled and Honorary Life members (Indiana State Council K of C By Laws Section 29). The assessments are necessary to defray State Council business expenses. A significant portion of the Per Capita is forwarded to Gibault Children’s Services. We gave $ 98,506.37 to Gibault from Per Capita in FY 2016-2017.
- The Major Degree Fund fee is assessed on the new members gained in the prior fraternal year and pays for their Formation and Knighthood Degree expenses (Indiana State Council K of C By Laws Section 29B).
- The State Per Capita change adopted at the 2017 Convention, has been submitted to Supreme for approval. If approved, it will be applied in the July 2018 Assessment.
A review of the State Per Capita tax will be done and a recommendation for adjustments will be presented at the 2018 Convention in accordance with Indiana By Laws Section 38.
Council Membership Incentives: “INDIANA STAR COUNCIL” incentive checks will be mailed in August. The 50% net and Indiana Star Council Membership Incentives will continue for the 2017-2018 Fraternal Year.
Indiana State Council Directory: The 2017-2018 Directory will be mailed to each Council, DD, Director, Chairman, and State Officer. The Directory is an invaluable resource for Council Officers. The Directory contains the names and addresses of all State Officers, District Deputies, Grand Knights, Financial Secretaries, Chaplains and much more.
- Names and addresses for State Directors, State Chairmen, Conferring Officers, and Degree Team Captains
- Council Listing by number with time and place of meetings. NEW: Council Institution Dates. Please look at your Council Charter and send me an email with the date of your council’s institution.
- Council listing by City and by Diocese
- List of Former State Chaplains and Past State Deputies
- Financial Secretaries Association Officer names and addresses
- Columbian Squires Circle locations and State Officer names and addresses
- Gibault Children’s Services mission, contact information, and list of current board members
- Knights of Columbus Indiana Insurance Agencies and contact information
- Fourth Degree Supreme Master, Vice Supreme Master, and Indiana District officers (Master, Marshall, and Secretary) contact information
- Fourth Degree Assembly Listing by number and by City
- Supreme Council Officers and addresses, and Supreme Council contact information
- Indiana State Council Calendar of meetings for FY 2017-2018 and 2018-2019
- Indiana State Council By Laws
We need your help to keep the Council information up to date.
- The Financial Secretary of each council shall, on or before the July 1st of each year, report to the State Secretary the names and addresses of the Grand Knight and Financial Secretary of his council for the ensuing year. Financial Secretaries are to report any change in the office of Grand Knight or Financial Secretary of any council, immediately to me (Indiana State Council By Laws Section 36).
Always feel free to contact me with your questions, suggestions, or concerns.
- Paul Zielinski
Indiana Knights of Columbus