November is the month in the Church Calendar dedicated to the Souls in Purgatory, so please remember them in your prayers all month. It is also traditionally the month when KofC families will gather at a Memorial Mass for those council brothers who have died. We remember their passing, but we celebrate their lives and contributions. If you haven't started this tradition in your council yet, this would be a great year to begin.
My favorite season of the year is finally here. During the daytime, I enjoy seeing the bright yellows and oranges of early fall replaced later by deep browns and reds. The red, white and blue of our Nation's Flag seem to stand out even more brightly and boldly when they are seen against the backdrop of other colors that are slowly fading, especially when the flag stands firm while the leaves drop. It fills me with both national pride and optimism.
Now that we are through the 1st quarter, the most recent version of the Activity Tracker can be found on the State KofC website at http://indianakofc.org/programs/program-director/activity-tracking, so check it out to see how you and your Brother Knights are progressing toward your goals this year.
The different Area Directors have articles filled with updates, new programs, and specific information this month, so be sure to read this newsletter in its entirety, and PASS ON the information at your Council meetings! Among other comments, you will find Youth Soccer results and details about KofC involvement in the National Catholic Youth Conference, Special Olympics Plane Pull results and a KofC program for Veterans. They will remind you to communicate within your council and to the State, to stay up-to-date on forms, and why you should continue to invite non-members to your activities. You will also get details about feeding the hungry and Vocations week.
Upcoming Dates of Significance:
- ALL WEEK (11/1 to 11/8) Vocations Awareness Week (see www.usccb.org for ideas)
- Election Day - Nov 3rd
- 2nd/3rd Degrees Nov 8th in South Bend and Nov 18th in Rochester http://indianakofc.org/degree/major-degree
- Veterans Day - Nov 11th (parades, visitations, phone calls, letter writing, & prayers)
- Thanksgiving Day - Nov 26th
- Feast Days: All Saints 11/01 & All Souls 11/02, St Martin of Tours (patron of soldiers) 11/11, Christ the King 11/22, St Nicholas (patron of brewers) 12/06, Immaculate Conception 12/08, Our Lady of Guadalupe 12/12
FORMS (see pg11 of the IN Program Guide)
- Fall Church Drive Form (IN-CD1) is due Nov 1st
- IRS Form 990 is due Nov 15th
- Soccer Challenge Participation forms are due by 12/01
- Order your Free Throw, Essay, and/or Poster KITS from Supreme if you haven't done so already
- Organize work/support records now and collect individual information for easier compilation on the 1728 Fraternal Survey due in January
Knights of Columbus Indiana State Council
State Program Director