Brother Knights, Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family.
Be strong and show your Catholic Faith this season by wishing people a “Merry CHRISTmas!” and NOT the politically correct Happy Holidays. Use the saying of Merry CHRISTmas as a reminder to people to keep CHRIST in CHRISTmas! As we celebrate, remember the “12 days of Christmas” start with Christmas and end on the Epiphany on January 6th, so let us celebrate Christ’s birth for the entire season – it doesn’t end on December 26th.
The State Director’s and Chairmen goal is to help your council reach STAR COUNCIL. Please contact them if you have any questions or need further information and help.
WOW! - Supreme has just announced an incentive for Star Council Award this year – Councils attaining the Star Council Award will receive a $4.50 credit for every active (billable) member on their roster on July 1, 2017. It’s not too late to get going, let’s complete those activities and forms to reach Star Council in the cold winter months.
*** An IMPORTANT reminder that “Building the Domestic Church” program is now a REQUIREMENT for the Columbian Award and Star Council! Please visit the Supreme website - http://www.kofc.org/un/en/domestic-church/index.html for further information about the program.
Your council should be well under way with the calendar of events and activities for the coming year. Please read the ALL of the sections of the State newsletter to see what is happening in the various areas around the State. Make sure to submit your council’s activities right after they happen on the State’s activity form; it can be found on the state’s forms website - http://www.indianakofc.org/forms/.
Grand Knights – it is your responsibility to make sure that all required forms are completed by your council and submitted to Supreme and State. All forms should be submitted online or by e-mail to the proper personnel in PDF format.
The State Program Guide (http://www.indianakofc.org/download/state/2016_2017_Program_Guide.pdf) has the answers to 9 out of 10 questions that we are asked, so it should be your 1st GO TO RESOURCE, when you have a question and need information about a program. Page 12 in the guide is a good source regarding the Supreme and State forms and when they are DUE. Please contact your District Deputy if you need help or have any questions. There is now a quick-link to the Program Guide on the right side of the State’s main webpage (www.indianakofc.org).
It is very important that you and your council officers frequently check the State http://www.indianakofc.org/) and Supreme (http://www.kofc.org/un/en/index.html) websites for current events and information.
PROGRAMMING ACTIVITIES - Many of the programs areas that your council should currently be working on are:
- Youth – Holding the Substance Abuse Poster Contest, Essay Contest, and OCY-1, Working on the Free Throw Contest (Council level to be held in January, District Level in early February, Regional’s in Late Feb.)
- Culture of Life – Pro Life March in Washington D.C. – January 25 to 28, 2017 – WE NEED YOU TO ATTEND! http://indianakofc.org/download/prolife/2017_March_Application_REV.pdf – Also, March for Life in Chicago on January 15, 2017 (http://indianakofc.org/programs/culture-of-life/in-col-program/chicago-mfl)
- Community - Coats for Kids, Blood & Platelet Drives, and Special Olympics
- Church – Conducting the Keep Christ in CHRISTmas Poster contest (District winners due to State Church Director before January 15, 2017), Building the Domestic Church
- Family – Building the Domestic Church while strengthening the Family, Family of the Month and Year
- Council – Fraternal Training and Supreme Webinars
For the details on these programs, please see the sections in this newsletter and on the State website. Contact the director associated with the program if you need further info or assistance.
Use the following link at our state website to submit all your council activities online (Soon after occurrence) at: http://www.indianakofc.org/forms/ and click on Activity Form. Each council needs (4) qualifying activities in each category to satisfy the Pinta Award requirement. Remember to save these reports to use for the Columbian Award (Form SP-7). Remember, Building the Domestic Church program from Supreme is now a requirement for the Columbian Award and to achieve Star Council!
State Program Director
Indiana State Council
Four Pillars, One Mission!
THE INDIANA KNIGHTS!