The goal of the State Directors and Chairmen is to help your council reach STAR COUNCIL. Please contact them if you have any questions or need further information and help.
Check the Activity Tracker (updated monthly) on the State Website to view your council's status - http://www.indianakofc.org/programs/program-director/activity-tracking
NOTE: Supreme has announced an incentive for Star Council Award this year – Councils attaining the Star Council Award will receive a $4.50 credit for every active (billable) member on their roster on July 1, 2017.
*** IMPORTANT – A reminder that “Building the Domestic Church” program is now a REQUIREMENT for the Columbian Award and Star Council! Please visit the Supreme website - http://www.kofc.org/un/en/domestic-church/index.html for further information about the program.
Your council should be well under way with the calendar of events and activities for the coming year. Please read the ALL of the sections of the State newsletter to see what is happening in the various areas around the State. Make sure to submit your council’s activities right after they happen on the State’s activity form; it can be found on the state’s forms website - http://www.indianakofc.org/forms/ .
A reminder to get your forms completed for the year. The winter season is a good time to catch up on any forms that your council is behind in; the forms will still be accepted for the information. It is the Grand Knight's duty and responsibility to make sure that the council forms that are due to Supreme and the State are completed and submitted on time. The Grand Knight can have someone else in the council that has computer knowledge, complete and submit the forms, but must follow up with each form/activity, to make sure they have been submitted.
The “Survey of Fraternal Activity” (due January 31st) is a VERY IMPORTANT form for your council to complete and submit, since it shows the activity hours and monetary donations your council provides to the church and community and is used by Supreme to show the GREAT WORKS that the Knights of Columbus perform throughout the year. All forms should be submitted online or by e-mail to the proper personnel in PDF format.
Contests and Awards
IMPORTANT – Many of the contests have NOT had a submission, so please complete and submit an entry for the below contests, since there is a good chance in winning.
These entries are DUE to the appropriate State Director by FEBRUARY 28th!!!
- State Council Service Program Award Entry (Form STSP) http://www.kofc.org/en/members/programs/council-activities/service-program-awards.html (Information for the STSP can be found in the guide at https://www.kofc.org/un/en/forms/programming/state-service-award10176.pdf)
- Fr. McGivney State Vocations Award – Page 35 in the State Program Guide and the Entry Form IN-FMV1 on page 47 in the State Program Guide - http://www.indianakofc.org/programs/program-director/program-guide
- Outstanding Catholic Layperson Award – Page 35 in the State Program Guide and the Entry Form (IN-OCL1) on page 48.
- Outstanding Catholic YOUTH Award – Page 36 in the State Program Guide and the Entry Form (IN-OCY1) on page 49. The winner receives a $1,500 scholarship check and the winner & their family attend the awards luncheon at the State Convention for the presentation of the check and winner plaque.
- Family of the Year – Form is available at https://www.kofc.org/un/en/forms/council/family_year1993_p.pdf and must be submitted to the State Family Director by February 28, 2017.
YOUTH State Winners for the contests below are forwarded to Supreme for the International Awards:
- Substance Abuse Poster contest – State awards a $50 check presented to each 1st place State winner by their DD or GK. Information can be found at http://www.kofc.org/en/members/programs/youth-activities/substance-abuse-awareness.html. Note that the timeline for our State has the district winners to the State Youth Director, Walt Peycha, by February 28th.
- Essay Contest – State awards a $50 check, presented to the 1st place State winner by their DD or GK. Information can be found at http://www.kofc.org/en/members/programs/youth-activities/essay-contest.html. Note that the timeline for our State has the district winners to the State Youth Director, Walt Peycha, by February 28th.
For the details on these programs, please see the sections in this newsletter and on the State website. Please contact the state director associated with the program if you need further info or assistance.
STATE PROGRAM GUIDE:
The State Program Guide (http://www.indianakofc.org/download/state/2016_2017_Program_Guide.pdf) has the answers to 9 out of 10 questions that we are asked, so it should be your 1st GO TO RESOURCE, when you have a question and need information about a program. Page 12 in the guide is a good source regarding the Supreme and State forms and when they are DUE. Please contact your District Deputy if you need help or have any questions. There is now a quick-link to the Program Guide on the right side of the State’s main webpage (www.indianakofc.org).
It is very important that you and your council officers frequently check the State (http://www.indianakofc.org/) and Supreme (http://www.kofc.org/un/en/index.html) websites for current events and information.
NOTE: DO NOT include any of the State’s e-mail addresses in your regular council business e-mails to your council members. The State e-mail addresses are ONLY to be used to conduct business with the State.
Use the following link at our state website to submit all your council activities online (Soon after occurrence) at: http://www.indianakofc.org/forms/ and click on Activity Form. Each council needs (4) qualifying activities in each category to satisfy the Pinta Award requirement. Remember to save these reports to use for the Columbian Award (Form SP-7). Remember, Building the Domestic Church program from Supreme is now a requirement for the Columbian Award and to achieve Star Council!
State Program Director
Indiana State Council
Four Pillars, One Mission!
THE INDIANA KNIGHTS!