The recommended time for a Spiritual Reflection Program is Spring. What a great time, with Lent beginning March 6th, to have your council program. (Please note a Spiritual Program can be held at other times during the fraternal year.) The Spiritual Reflection program is required to earn the Columbian Award. (At least 10% of membership or a minimum of 10 Knights should participate to count as a qualified program). But more important, what a way to grow the council spiritually as we all strive to be the Catholic Man/Holy Man that God wants us to be. Several councils have submitted their program which include a Men’s Conference, or a council retreat.
The following are some examples of programs that qualify:
- Men’s Conferences in February. Click for info on the E6 (St Leon), Rekindle the Fire (South Bend), or Western KY Conferences
- St. Mary of the Woods, Terre Haute, has an awesome customized program available to the Knights. Click here for the FLYER and an AGENDA example. Contact Zach Pies (812-535-3131) if you are interested.
- Ask your Chaplain, a Priest or Deacon, to lead a retreat for your council…a chance to take time with prayer and discernment to improve your council. The program, could include Mass and/or Reconciliation.
Reminder: Many councils completed a qualified RSVP program but have yet to submit their forms. The RSVP counts as two activities, plus your council receives a $100 refund for each Seminarian cash gift of $500 or more. Please submit those as soon as a possible. For questions about Supreme Faith programs, please check the Faith in Action Guidebook. The Guidebook can be accessed HERE.
While the faith activities recommended by Supreme are excellent, we also have some awesome Faith activities being done by Indiana councils which include:
- 5th Sunday Rosary
- Corporate Communion-The council membership along with their families worshiped together to present a unified presence to the community (Another held a Corporate Mass for Deceased Brother Knights.)
- Repairs to the Church building or Church campus property
- Council Bible study
- The council sponsored/purchased Advent Reflection booklets for the Church
- Led Rosary Rally for 101st anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima
- Provided and served meal for 500 parishioners after Mass in the Grass
- Sponsored and participated in St. Augustine's Evangelical Committee series "Spirit on Tap" open to all parishioners
- Annual clergy appreciation dinner
- Patriotic Rosary prayed daily by brother Knights for Religious Freedom during Religious Freedom week.
Supreme Recommended Faith Programs
(*RSVP counts as two activities)
Vivat Jesus and God bless you!