Welcome to the new officers of all councils. I hope that each council has appointed a vocations chairman. This is an important council activity and needs to be promoted vigorously to council members and your community. Let’s finish the new fraternal year with record donations for the vocations with very council in Indiana contributing.
New Program – RACE FOR VOCATIONS
Please read the flyer that your District Deputy will give each council. We will have it posted on the State website for reference. The State Council is asking all Councils to participate and support this worthy cause. It is another form of supporting vocations.
- Tony Muffoletto Support Our Seminarians Program (S.O.S.)
- Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP)
- Contact or Adopt a Seminarian
- Special Prayers for Vocations
Vocations Awareness Days
- Vocations Awareness Week (November 5-11, 2017)
- World Day for Consecrated Life (February 4, 2018)
- World Day of Prayer for Vocations (April 22, 2018)
Other important dates:
- Dec. 1, 2017 – Reminder for Financial Secretaries: include the S.O.S. inserts with your billing.
- Feb. 28, 2018 – Deadline for Father McGivney State Vocation Award.
- May 5, 2018 – Race For Vocations.
- June 15, 2018 – Deadline to turn in all S.O.S. funds and forms to State Treasurer.
Church and Vocations Awards
- Father McGivney State Vocations Award
- Timothy P. Galvin K.S.G. Outstanding Catholic Layperson Award
- Indiana Service Program Award
Holy Hour for Vocations
Vocations DVD - Five award-winning video productions are available to councils on one DVD, Titled “Everyone Has a Vocation to Love – What’s Yours” – all ideal for use in councils, parishes or Catholic schools to promote vocations in the Church. Order this DVD from Supreme -- #50046.
Many Vocations programming and resource materials are available from Supreme. (http://www.kofc.org/en/service/vocations/index.html)
Support Our Seminarians (SOS) - Once again Indiana Councils can be proud of their efforts in supporting the seminarians. The final count for 2016-17 was $47,622. This happens because of a great team effort! But let us not rest or quit. There is still a major shortage of Priests. So we must continue with our financial and spiritual support. And do not forget to communicate, support and encourage our seminarians. This fraternal year, I would like to see a 100% participation by all councils.
All councils should be receiving their SOS inserts and SOS goals for this fraternal year very soon from their District Deputies. Please make sure the council Financial Secretary receives the SOS inserts so he can include the insert with the council billing. Any questions please contact me, I am here to help.
Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP) - This past fraternal year, Indiana councils showed strong support for the men and women studying to be priests and nuns. The RSVP reports came in fast as the fraternal came to a close. Indiana Knights can be proud of the outstanding work they do supporting our faith.
NOW, it is time to start thinking about the council’s goals for the upcoming fraternal year. How can the council help to further the education and support of these men and women studying for the priesthood or religious life? Refer to the Vocations Handbook for ideas and suggestions.
State Vocations Chairman
Indiana Knights of Columbus