Greetings, Brother Knights!
Our new Fraternal Year is off to a wonderful start! We have received numerous activity forms for Life activities, including funds raised for Ultrasound. As you plan this year’s activities, please remember & refer to the new Faith in Action model as outlined below and on Supreme’s website. Please also make special note of the Novena for Life – a new, required activity for the Columbian Award.
New Faith In Action Model – Supreme Recommended Life Programs
- Supreme Website: Faith in Action, Life Programs – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/index.html
- Novena for Life (new, required) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/novena-life.html#/
- Ultrasound – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/ultrasound-program.html#/
- Pregnancy Center Support (new) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/pregnancy-center-support.html#/
- March for Life - https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/marches-for-life.html#/
- Special Olympics – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/special-olympics.html#/
- Mass for People with Special Needs (new) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/mass-for-people-with-special-needs.html#/
Supreme tells us: “The programs here are meant to inspire your council to put their faith into action. Your council may choose to conduct one or more of these programs or develop programs unique to your parish or community.” Thus, many programs not listed above can also qualify. Special Olympics activities, for example, now fall under Culture of Life. Other activities include Safe Haven Baby Boxes, Baby Showers to collect items for mothers & babies, Baby Bottle Campaigns to collect funds and Pro-Life Memorials.
If you have any questions whether an activity would count as Culture of Life programming, don’t hesitate to submit the activity and contact Brett, Mike or me. Together, we can ensure that your council achieves its Culture of Life goals while supporting this crucial Knights mission.
Be sure to review the State Program Guide for activities, requirements, etc. regarding Culture of Life programming. It is available at http://indianakofc.org/download/state/2018_2019_Program_Guide.pdf.
Don’t forget to regularly visit the Indiana State and Supreme websites. The websites are always changing and you’ll find information on events such as degrees in your area, programming updates and news about the Knights. You may even find a Culture of Life activity or two for your council that you hadn’t done, or even thought of, before.
Your Culture of Life team, State Directors & Chairmen and State Officers all look forward to helping you make this a successful year. Don’t hesitate to contact us as we look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.