I would like to wish all Knights and their families a Happy Thanksgiving on behalf of the Indiana Program Team of Directors and Chairmen.
The leaves are falling and the winter season approaching, DON’T “LEAVE” YOUR COUNCIL OUT IN THE COLD… Prepare your activities to keep your council moving forward and keep them HOT through the winter and have them grow to be a BRIGHT STAR COUNCIL! Let’s make this a successful year and get your council to STAR! STAR councils grow in membership and that means more help with the great programs and activities the Knights and their council participates in.
Your council should be well under way with the calendar of events and activities for the year. Please read the ALL of the sections of this State newsletter to see what is happening in the various areas around the State.
Current and Upcoming PROGRAM ITEMS to be WORKING ON!
- Completing ALL FORMS and submitting them on time to all required departments and persons.
- State Service Program Awards (Form STSP) – All 6 programming areas
- Monthly Rosary Challenge – Details in Church newsletter
- Outstanding Catholic Layperson – Details in Church newsletter
- Building the Domestic Church – Details in Church newsletter
- Keep Christ in CHRISTmas Poster Contest – Details in Church newsletter
- Blood and Platelet Drives – Details in Community newsletter
- Coats for Kids – Details in Community newsletter
- Local (Chicago) and National “March for Life” in January – Details in Culture of Life (Pro-Life) newsletter - SIGN UP NOW!
- Biking for Babies – Details in Culture of Life (Pro-Life) newsletter
- Warriors to Lourdes – Contact State Council Director and State Veteran’s Affairs Chairman
- Family of the Month/Year – Details in Family newsletter
- Fall Membership Blitz/Drive – See Membership newsletter and website section
- Vocations Awareness week in November – Details in Vocations newsletter
- Race for Vocations – Details in Vocations newsletter
- Substance Abuse Poster Contest – Details in Youth newsletter
- Essay Contest – Details in Youth newsletter
- Free Throw Contest – Details in Youth newsletter
- Outstanding Catholic Youth – Details in Youth newsletter
Please make sure to complete and submit those forms that are due by your council.
- REMEMBER - All forms this year will need to be submitted online or sent by e-mail in PDF format in order to be credited, except those sent with a check, and make sure to copy (with PDF attachment) in an e-mail all those required at the bottom of the form.
- NOTE: Page 13 in the 2017-18 State Program Guide has a Worksheet with ALL the Supreme and State Forms and their due dates. The “Due Date” is the last day for the form to be accepted, so get them submitted BEFORE the Due Date!
- It is the Grand Knight's duty and responsibility to make sure ALL forms are submitted on time for his council. The Grand Knight does not need to be the submitter, but should have someone in the council with computer access submit the forms and the Grand Knight just needs to follow up to make sure the forms are submitted on time. So, council members need to step up and assist the Grand Knight, since we are all in this together. The District Deputy will be following up regarding the forms for the councils in his district, so help him out by submitting the forms BEFORE the due date.
State Forms – can be found at http://www.indianakofc.org/forms/
Supreme Forms – can be found at http://www.kofc.org/un/en/members/resources/forms/council.html
Keep up to date by checking out the monthly activity tracker for your council’s status on the State Website - http://www.indianakofc.org/programs/program-director/activity-tracking and please contact the appropriate State Director if you have any questions on the numbers for your council.
NOTE: Grand Knights and Council Officers should be planning their council activities using Supreme’s “Fraternal Leader Success Planner” and you can view/download the planner at https://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/membership/fraternal-leader-success-planner5033.pdf
EVERY COUNCIL MUST include and work on Supreme’s “Building the Domestic Church” program in their council’s activities. What kind of council wouldn’t be working on strengthening their church activities with this program?
Have YOU earned your training medallion / coins?
Supreme Fraternal Training Portal Micro-site for Council officers and members - https//goo.gl/fFrac9
Also, every council officer and ANY interested member should be involved in the Supreme webinars - http://www.kofc.org/en/members/resources/membership-webinar.html
It’s easy to sign-up and register for each webinar, and if you miss it, they are recorded for you to view at your convenience!!!
STATE PROGRAM GUIDE:
The State Program Guide (http://www.indianakofc.org/programs/program-director/program-guide) has the answers to 9 out of 10 questions that we are asked, so it should be your 1st GO TO REFERENCE RESOURCE, when you have a question and need information about a program. Page 13 in the guide is a good source regarding the Supreme and State forms and when they are DUE. Please contact your District Deputy if you need help or have any questions. There is now a quick-link to the State Program Guide on the right side of the State’s main webpage (www.indianakofc.org).
IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE of your FAITH!
The Knights of Columbus – Catholic Information Services (CIS) website has many resources for you to improve your knowledge throughout the year - http://www.kofc.org/en/cis/
The Catechism of the Catholic Church information can be found at http://www.kofc.org/en/catechism/index.html.
It is very important that you and your council officers frequently check the State (http://www.indianakofc.org/) and Supreme (http://www.kofc.org/un/en/index.html) websites for current events and information.
NOTE: When sending regular informational e-mails to your council members, DO NOT include any of the State’s e-mail addresses in your regular council informational/business e-mails that you are sending to your council members. The State e-mail addresses are ONLY to be used to conduct business with the State.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Director’s or Chairmen if you need assistance in their area!
We are here to help you.
State Program Director
Indiana State Council