After our preparation during the Lent, I would like to wish all Knights and their families a Happy Easter! The Knights of Columbus – Catholic Information Services (CIS) website has many resources for you to improve your knowledge throughout the year - http://www.kofc.org/en/cis/. The Catechism of the Catholic Church information can be found at http://www.kofc.org/en/catechism/index.html.
BUILDING THE DOMESTIC CHURCH - I would like to remind you to keep working on the “Building the Domestic Church while strengthening our Church and Families” program during this Easter Season.
Knightline News – Building the Domestic Church Program: Supreme has an incentive for councils - Win a Free Domestic Church Kiosk - Councils that recruit twelve (12) or more members between January 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017 will receive a Domestic Church Kiosk & Booklet Set. – mentioned on page 2 in the March 2017 Knightline http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/lc/knightline/knightline_20170301_en.pdf
STATE CONVENTION – April 28th to 30th, 2017
Information/downloads for the convention can be found on the State website at http://www.indianakofc.org/in-state-convention.
Thank you to everyone who completed the forms and entered the Program Contests; the winners will be announced at the State Convention.
REMINDERS for the State Convention:
- Please remember to bring your Council/Assembly Banner w/stand to setup in the hall, so the hall will be decorated with your council’s representation at the convention.
- 4th Degree members with regalia are invited to wear their regalia and be part of the procession for the Mass on Saturday.
- Gibault Tickets and financial proceeds can be presented to a Gibault representative in ‘Salon A’ during the convention on Friday from 3:00p.m.-7:00p.m. and Saturday from 8:00a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and don’t forget the parade of checks from your council.
- Visit the Prayer Chapel and view our newly restored State Tabernacle and candelabras. On display will be a relic from Father McGivney.
- Visit with the Program Team of Directors and Chairmen in the atrium and they will be glad to answer any questions and help you – it’s always good to put a face with a name.
NOTE: Submit your council activity forms and required forms NOW – there will be a large Activity Tracker display in the atrium with all the councils listed with the latest status for everyone to see. This also includes the latest March Membership Drives/Blitzes and Fraternal Benefits Nights, so get those forms submitted for credit. Also, it is time to start submitting the Columbian Award Form SP7, so get it in now and it should be submitted BEFORE June 1st for credit. Contact the director of a category if you need further assistance in that area.
COMPLETE/SUBMIT ALL FORMS - A reminder to get your forms completed and submitted for the year. NOW is a good time to catch up on any forms that your council is behind in; the forms will still be accepted for the information. It is the Grand Knights duty and responsibility to make sure that the council forms that are due to Supreme and the State are completed and submitted on time. The Grand Knight can have someone else in the council that has computer knowledge, complete and submit the forms, but must follow up with each form/activity, to make sure they have been submitted.
The “Survey of Fraternal Activity” that was due January 31st is a VERY IMPORTANT form for your council to complete and submit, since it shows the activity hours and monetary donations your council provides to the church and community and is used by Supreme to show the GREAT WORKS that the Knights of Columbus perform throughout the year. If your council hasn’t submitted the form, PLEASE submit the form #1728 ASAP. All forms should be submitted online or by e-mail to the proper personnel in PDF format, so please submit it NOW even if it’s late, so the numbers can be counted.
Make sure to submit the required Indiana Spring Church Drive/Membership Blitz form and submit your Supreme Columbian Award Entry form SP7 NOW! (Forms are ALWAYS welcome before the due date, so get them completed/submitted early.)
CAMPAIGN FOR PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES (a.k.a. the “Tootsie Roll Drive”)
The Tootsie Roll order form and apron order form are now on the State website “Forms page” - http://www.indianakofc.org/forms and there is a ‘fillable’ form at http://www.indianakofc.org/download/community/CharityDriveTootsieRollOrderform.pdf.
Don’t forget to submit the Tootsie Roll Report form - http://www.indianakofc.org/download/forms/IN-TOT2a.pdf after you complete your drive.
NOTE: For the councils in NW Indiana, please contact Sue Crisman at NWI Arc – (219) 985-6562 to order and pickup Tootsie Rolls.
STAR COUNCIL AWARD
- The goal of the State Director’s and Chairmen is to help your council reach STAR COUNCIL. Please contact them if you have any questions or need further information and help.
- Check the Activity Tracker (updated monthly) on the State Website to view your councils status - http://www.indianakofc.org/programs/program-director/activity-tracking
- NOTE: Supreme has announced an incentive for Star Council Award this year – Councils attaining the Star Council Award will receive a $4.50 credit for every active (billable) member on their roster on July 1, 2017.
*** IMPORTANT – A reminder that “Building the Domestic Church” program is now a REQUIREMENT for the Columbian Award and Star Council! Please visit the Supreme website - http://www.kofc.org/un/en/domestic-church/index.html for further information about the program. Make sure to use the latest form at the Supreme Forms webpage for the Columbian Award (SP7), since it has the checkbox next to each activity to also receive credit for the Building the Domestic Church for the same activity http://www.kofc.org/un/en/members/resources/forms/council.html.
Your council should be well under way with the calendar of events and activities for the coming year. Please read the ALL of the sections of the State newsletter to see what is happening in the various areas around the State. Make sure to submit your council’s activities right after they happen on the State’s activity form; it can be found on the state’s forms website - http://www.indianakofc.org/forms/.
STATE PROGRAM GUIDE:
- The State Program Guide (http://www.indianakofc.org/download/state/2016_2017_Program_Guide.pdf) has the answers to 9 out of 10 questions that we are asked, so it should be your 1st GO TO RESOURCE, when you have a question and need information about a program.
- Page 12 in the guide is a good source regarding the Supreme and State forms and when they are DUE.
- Please contact your District Deputy if you need help or have any questions.
- There is now a quick-link to the Program Guide on the right side of the State’s main webpage (www.indianakofc.org).
- It is very important that you and your council officers frequently check the State (http://www.indianakofc.org/) and Supreme (http://www.kofc.org/un/en/index.html) websites for current events and information.
- NOTE: DO NOT include any of the State’s e-mail addresses in your regular council business e-mails to your council members. The State e-mail addresses are ONLY to be used to conduct business with the State.
Use the following link at our state website to submit all your council activities online (Soon after occurrence) at: http://www.indianakofc.org/forms/ and click on Activity Form. Each council needs (4) qualifying activities in each category to satisfy the Pinta Award requirement. Remember to save these reports to use for the Columbian Award (Form SP-7). Remember, Building the Domestic Church program from Supreme is now a requirement for the Columbian Award and to achieve Star Council! On the SP-7, there is a checkbox next to the other activities, if the activity is additionally to be credited for the Building the Domestic Church.
STATE GOLF OUTING/TOURNAMENT (July 22nd & 23rd, 2017)
- Please visit http://indianakofc.org/programs/council/athletics for information on the State Annual Golf Tournament.
- You can register with the form http://indianakofc.org/download/athletics/2017_State_Golf_registration.pdf.
- All Knights and Ladies are invited to attend and have a GREAT time. Contact Kenny Leisman at (812) 309-3844 for further info.
State Program Director
Indiana State Council
Four Pillars, One Mission!
THE INDIANA KNIGHTS!