Go to the Indiana Knights of Columbus Recommended Lenten Resources Page for 2019.
As Lent quickly approaches (begins Wednesday, March 6th) consider those many opportunities for prayer and serving the Church that will be available as we all try grow in our faith and build up the Church. The Spiritual Reflection Program would be an awesome beginning to do so, and is recommended during the spring. (Please note a Spiritual Program can be held at other times during the fraternal year.) The Spiritual Reflection program is required to earn the Columbian Award. (At least 10% of membership or a minimum of 10 Knights should participate to count as a qualified program). But more important, what a way to grow the council spiritually as we all strive to be the Catholic Man/Holy Man that God wants us to be. Several councils have submitted their program which include a Men’s Conference, or a council retreat.
The following are some examples of programs that qualify:
- St. Mary of the Woods, Terre Haute, has an awesome customized program available to the Knights. Follow these links for the FLYER and an AGENDA. Contact Zach Pies (812-535-3131) if you are interested.
- The Knights of Columbus council at St. Meinrad Seminary is holding a Lenten Retreat at St. Meinrad Seminary on Saturday March 16th from 9-5 central. Follow these links for the FLYER and the ANNOUNCEMENT info.
- Ask your Chaplain, a Priest or Deacon, to lead a retreat for your council…a chance to take time with prayer and discernment to improve your council. The program, could include Mass and/or Reconciliation.
What a great time, with Lent beginning March 6th, to have your council program.
Reminder: Many councils completed a qualified RSVP program but have yet to submit their forms. The RSVP counts as two activities, plus your council receives a $100 refund for each Seminarian cash gift of $500 or more. Please submit those as soon as a possible.
For questions about Supreme Faith programs, please check the Faith in Action Guidebook.
While the faith activities recommended by Supreme are excellent, we have some awesome Faith activities being done by Indiana councils which include:
- 5th Sunday Rosary
- Corporate Communion-The council membership along with their families worshiped together to present a unified presence to the community. (Sometimes, but not always, as a Mass for Deceased Brother Knights.)
- Church fundraiser but be sure to always prayer.
- Council Bible study
- The council sponsored/purchased Advent Reflection booklets for the Church
- Led Rosary Rally for 101st anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima
- Provided and served meal for 500 parishioners after Mass in the Grass
- Sponsored and participated in St. Augustine's Evangelical Committee series "Spirit on Tap" open to all parishioners
- Annual clergy appreciation dinner
- Patriotic Rosary prayed for Religious Freedom during Religious Freedom week.
Supreme Recommended Faith Programs
(*RSVP counts as two activities)
Vivat Jesus and God bless you!