While we begin a new calendar year, our fraternal year has passed the halfway point. While we have a few months to go, I encourage your council to soon consider some of the many faith activities listed below. The past two months, the Supreme Recommended and Council (submitted by you) Faith activities were included in the Faith newsletter. Hopefully the report and the Faith in Action Guidebook have been helpful. You can access it HERE at the Supreme website.
We have some busy Indiana councils and all councils have can earn the Columbian Award, which is explained on page six of the in Faith in Action Guidebook. The Spiritual Reflection program is required to earn the Columbian Award. (At least 10% of membership or a minimum of 10 Knights should participate to count as a qualified program). But more important, what a way to grow the council spiritually as we each strive to be the Catholic Man/Holy Man that God wants us to be. The following are some examples of programs that qualify:
- Men’s Conferences in February. Click for info on the E6 (St Leon), Rekindle the Fire (Ft Wayne), or Western KY Conferences
- St. Mary of the Woods, Terre Haute, has an awesome customized program available to the Knights. Click here for the FLYER and an AGENDA example. Contact Zach Pies (812-535-3131) if you are interested.
- Ask your Chaplain, a Priest or Deacon, to lead a retreat for your council…a chance to take time with prayer and discernment to improve your council. The program, could include Mass and/or Reconciliation.
The recommended time for a Spiritual Program is Spring. What a great time, with Lent beginning March 6th, to have your council program. (Please note a Spiritual Program can be held at other times during the fraternal year, too.)
Below are some activities that have been submitted by councils and fit in the Faith category:
- 5th Sunday Rosary
- Corporate Communion-The council membership along with their families worshiped together to present a unified presence to the community (Another held a Corporate Mass for Deceased Brother Knights.)
- Repairs to the Church building or Church campus property
- Council Bible study
- The council sponsored/purchased Advent Reflection booklets for the Church
- Led Rosary Rally for 101st anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima
- Provided and served meal for 500 parishioners after Mass in the Grass
- Sponsored and participated in St. Augustine's Evangelical Committee series "Spirit on Tap" open to all parishioners
- Annual clergy appreciation dinner
- Patriotic Rosary prayed daily by brother Knights for Religious Freedom during Religious Freedom week.
Vivat Jesus and God bless you!
Supreme Recommended Faith Programs
(*RSVP counts as two activities)