Congratulations to the councils that have participated in the Vocations; be it a vocation activity or the Support Our Seminarian (SOS) program or the RSVP program.
Job Well Done!
Celebrate and enjoy your rewards for this past year. Your new officers are being elected.
Now! Let’s start planning for next year. We cannot rest on our good deeds for the past fraternal year. It is time to start planning and setting goals for 2018-19. Obtaining Star Council is your top goal (deadline June 30). But, please remember the vocations.
I want to thank all of the Indiana Councils. For the past 4 years the councils have responded tremendously to my pleas, begging, letters and emails requesting their support for the Vocations. And the councils have risen to the challenge; and I “Thank You.” It has made me very proud to have been able to serve in this position as the Indiana State Vocations Chairman. Age is catching up with me and I have decided to retire from the State Family. So, again I challenge all of the councils to continue to support the Vocations. Everyone knows that it is needed.
Try this for a vocation activity – Supreme has a DVD that can be ordered. Show it at a vocations dinner or a large gathering. Appropriate for all individuals.
Item No. 50046 E -- EVERYONE HAS A VOCATION TO LOVE, WHAT’S YOURS --
A single DVD with five vocations films. How are you personally called to live God’s love? What is the vocation he has created for your happiness? This award-winning documentary series explores the enduring witness of Catholic men and women responding to God’s call to love.
- The Vocation to the Laity (Shows how charity, the first principle of the Order, serves as the basis for the lay vocation.)
- The Vocation to Marriage (Aimed at young couples and those contemplating marriage, this film can be shown as part of a marriage preparation program or for those who are already married.)
- The Vocation to the Priesthood (For men contemplating a call to the priesthood, this film studies the lives and thoughts of priests to inspire young men today.)
- The Vocation to Religious Life for Women (Hear the heartfelt stories of women who have answered God’s call and learn what it means to serve the Lord as a religious sister.)
- The Vocation to Religious Life for Men (Listen to the stories of men who are following God as religious brothers, offering their lives in service to the Church and Her people.)
Support Our Seminarians (SOS)
DEADLINE is June 15, no exceptions!
All councils need to mail their S.O.S. donations. We need to beat last year’s total. The number of seminarians is increasing. Let’s show the seminarians that we are supporting them. Now is the time for that last minute push to beat last year’s total. We need every Council’s help.
Mail the form and check to the Indiana State Treasurer Craig Hanusin. Do not forget to include the form IN-SOS1 (link is below). http://indianakofc.org/download/forms/IN-SOS1.pdf
Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP)
The Knights of Columbus are strongly committed to providing financial support to men and women studying for the priesthood or the religious life. Remember a council will receive a refund of $100 for every $500 contributed to a seminarian, novice or postulant.
The RSVP program is a continuous year long program run by the Supreme Council. A council can participate at any time during a fraternal year. So whenever a council is ready, just do the paperwork.
Use this form when participating in the RSVP Program - http://www.kofc.org/un/en/forms/council/rsvp_refund2863_p.pdf
Congratulations to Jasper Council 1584 of Jasper for being selected as the winner of the Venerable Father Michael J. McGivney State Vocation Award for the best reported Vocation Activity. Check out the programming Awards Page for the details on the project.
Indiana State Vocations Chairman