Autumn greetings, Brother Knights.
I hope you and your councils had a successful Respect Life Month. Keep the momentum!
Refer to the new Faith in Action model on Supreme’s website as you plan your Life activities (see below). Make special note of the Novena for Life – a new, required activity for the Columbian Award.
- Novena for Life (new, required) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/novena-life.html#/
- Special Olympics – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/special-olympics.html#/
- Mass for People with Special Needs (new) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/mass-for-people-with-special-needs.html#/
- March for Life – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/marches-for-life.html#/
- Ultrasound Project – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/ultrasound-program.html#/
- Pregnancy Center Support (new) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/pregnancy-center-support.html#/
- Great Lakes Gabriel Project – http://www.glgabrielproject.org/
- Christian Refugee Relief – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/christian-refugee-relief.html#/
- Silver Rose – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/silver-rose.html#/
- Supreme: Faith in Action, Life Programs – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/index.html
Again, don’t forget the required Novena for Life, a new Supreme program.
Many programs not listed above also qualify. For example, Special Olympics activities now fall under Culture of Life. Other activities include Safe Haven Baby Boxes, Baby Bottle Campaigns, Baby Showers, Mother’s Day Flower Sales, Life Chains, conferences, banquets and Pro-Life Memorials.
Watch for dates of March for Life events. Up-to-date info can be found on the following 3 webpages:
If you have any questions whether an activity would count as Culture of Life programming, don’t hesitate to submit the activity and contact Brett, Mike or me. Together, we can ensure that your council achieves its Culture of Life goals while supporting this crucial Knights mission.
Be sure to review the State Program Guide for activities, requirements, etc. regarding Culture of Life programming. It is available at http://indianakofc.org/download/state/2018_2019_Program_Guide.pdf.
Don’t forget to visit your State and Supreme websites. They are always changing and you’ll find information on events such as degrees in your area, programming updates and Knights news. You may even find a Culture of Life activity or two for your council that you hadn’t done, or even thought of, before!
Your Culture of Life team, State Directors & Chairmen and State Officers are committed to helping you make this a successful year. Don’t hesitate to contact us – we look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.