I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with everything you are thankful for and that your Advent is going well.
December is a time to not only anticipate & celebrate Christmas, but also to prepare for March for Life events. See below and please contact Mike Velasco and/or me about other March for Life events you know of.
March for Life Events:
- Washington D.C. – http://indianakofc.org/programs/life-director/culture-of-life/marchforlife
- Northwest Indiana / Chicago – http://indianakofc.org/programs/life-director/culture-of-life/marchforlife/chicago-mfl
- Indianapolis – http://indianakofc.org/programs/life-director/culture-of-life/marchforlife/indy-mfl
- Fort Wayne / Allen County – https://ichooselife.org/march/
- South Bend / St. Joseph County – https://www.prolifemichiana.org/marchforlifesb
- Southwest Indiana – http://rtlswin.org/event/march-for-life-2019-in-washington-dc/
As you plan your Life activities, remember to refer to the Faith in Action model on Supreme’s website.
- Novena for Life (new, required) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/novena-life.html#/
- Special Olympics – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/special-olympics.html#/
- Mass for People with Special Needs (new) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/mass-for-people-with-special-needs.html#/
- March for Life – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/marches-for-life.html#/
- Ultrasound Project – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/ultrasound-program.html#/
- Pregnancy Center Support (new) – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/pregnancy-center-support.html#/
- Great Lakes Gabriel Project – http://www.glgabrielproject.org/
- Christian Refugee Relief – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/christian-refugee-relief.html#/
- Silver Rose – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/silver-rose.html#/
- Supreme: Faith in Action, Life Programs – https://www.kofc.org/en/programs/life/index.html
Many programs not listed above also qualify. For example, Special Olympics activities now fall under Culture of Life. Other activities include Safe Haven Baby Boxes, Baby Bottle Campaigns, Baby Showers, Mother’s Day Flower Sales, Life Chains, conferences, banquets and Pro-Life Memorials.
If you have questions whether an activity would count as Life programming, don’t hesitate to submit the activity and contact Mike, Brett or me. Together, we can ensure that your council achieves its Life goals while supporting this crucial Knights mission. When in doubt – submit that activity!
Be sure to review the State Program Guide for activities, requirements, etc. regarding Life programming. It’s available at http://indianakofc.org/download/state/2018_2019_Program_Guide.pdf.
Don’t forget to visit your State and Supreme websites. They’re always changing and you’ll find information on events such as degrees in your area, programming updates and Knights news. You may even discover a Life activity or two for your council that you haven’t done, or even thought of!
Your Life team, State Directors & Chairmen and State Officers are committed to helping you make this a successful fraternal year. Don’t hesitate to contact us – we look forward to helping you to achieve your goals.