Worthy Brother Knights,
We are now "officially" in Fall and are in full swing of the Regional’s and State Finals of the Soccer Challenge. Youth Activities that your council should currently be working on are: the Substance Abuse Poster Contest, the Essay Contest, and the State’s Outstanding Catholic Youth Award in addition to preparing for the Free Throw Contest. Don’t forget the State Service Program Award (Form STSP on the Supreme forms page) for YOUTH! All councils should have ordered the kits from Supreme for the YOUTH ACTIVITIES listed, if not... it’s not too late – HAVE YOUR F.S. ORDER THEM NOW in order not to miss out.
ORDER YOUR Free Throw, Substance Abuse, and Essay Contest Kits NOW!!! You should also order your “Keep Christ in CHRISTmas” poster kit now and turn all District winners in to the State Church Director in January!
The YOUTH are the future of our Country, our Church, and of OUR ORDER… Start preparing them now by getting them involved in the Knights of Columbus YOUTH Activities.
The State Final is Sunday, October 29, 2017 - details will be emailed out to all the DD's. Northwest Regional is being chaired by Joe Erpelding on 10/1/2017. Ryan Grill is chairing the Northeast Regional on 10/7/2017. Walt Peycha is chairing the Central Regional on 10/14/2017. We also have a SOUTH REGIONAL this year, thanks to Michael Lewis chairing that Regional on 10/8/2017. Thanks for everyone to stepped up to make this happen! Download/view the Regional/State Soccer Info HERE!
Youth Protection Policy / Safe Environment Program
HAVE YOU COMPLETED THE SAFE ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS? Isn’t it worth just a few hours of your time in training to help keep a child from being scarred for LIFE! We can never do enough to protect children and young people in our care!
Supremes’ Safe Environment Program information can be found at http://www.kofc.org/un/en/membership/safe_environment/index.html
Supreme Council’s Youth Activities homepage is: http://www.kofc.org/un/en/service/youth/.
COUNCILS - Get the youth in your area involved in these great activities:
- Substance Abuse Poster Contest: http://www.kofc.org/un/en/service/youth/poster/index.html
- Essay Contest: http://www.kofc.org/un/en/service/youth/essay/index.html
- Free Throw Contest: http://www.kofc.org/un/en/service/youth/freethrow/index.html
- Scholarships - For the 2014-2015 academic year, the Knights of Columbus awarded scholarships totaling more than $1.06 million to 519 students. http://www.kofc.org/un/en/scholarships/index.html
- Outstanding Youth Activity by a Council – Council must submit this form to be eligible - http://www.kofc.org/un/en/forms/council/state_serviceaward_p.pdf
- Indiana Outstanding Catholic Youth Award - http://www.indianakofc.org/download/forms/IN-OCY1.pdf
STATE - YOUTH ACTIVITY REPORTS
Use the following link at our state website to submit all your youth activities online (Soon after occurrence) at: http://www.indianakofc.org/forms and click on the Online Activity Form. You do not need to submit all 4 at once, but must submit them shortly after they occur. Each council needs (4) qualifying Youth activities to satisfy the Pinta Award requirement. Remember to save these reports to use for the Columbian Award (Form SP-7).
State Youth Director
Indiana Knights of Columbus